Michael L. Olson
A Mt. Vernon, IL, native, Olson received a Bachelor of Arts Degree with honors from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2013. He then studied law at Michigan State, where he again graduated with honors.
While in law school, Olson was awarded the College of Law Trustee Scholarship and the Jurisprudence Achievement Award in Constitutional Law. He was a clinical resident in MSU’s First Amendment Law Clinic and in its Rental Housing Clinic. He is a member of the Alpha Lambda Delta legal honor society.
He devotes a majority of his practice to civil litigation, creditors’ rights, equitable remedies and related matters.
- Civil Litigation
- Creditors’ Rights
- Equitable Remedies
- Real Estate Law
- Enforcement of Judgments
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Bachelor of Arts, with honors, 2013)
- Michigan State University College of Law (Juris Doctor, with honors, 2016)
Admitted to bar:
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 2016
Honors and Awards:
- MSU College of Law Trustee Scholarship
- Jurisprudence Achievement Award in Constitutional Law
- Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
- Clinical Resident, Rental Housing Clinic, Michigan State University College of Law
- Clinical Resident, First Amendment Law Clinic, Michigan State University College of Law
- New Disclosure Rule, Closing Procedures Will Impact Real Estate Transactions, Sharp Thinking No. 131 (July 2015);
- Successor Agents Do Not Owe Fiduciary Duties To Principal Until They Take Office, Sharp Thinking No. 135 (November 2016);
- In Growing Trend, Illinois Court Imposes Sanctions For Filing Bankruptcy Papers Without Actual Signature, Sharp Thinking No. 140 (January 2017).
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Bar Association